Record Setting Performance
The 250XS is the power behind two APBA Low-Emissions world kilo bass boat speed records.
Power to Weight
The 3.0 Liter V-6 powerhead delivers unmatched power, performance, durability and reliability.
Precise fuel combustion results in smoke-free emissions and clean environment for future generations to enjoy.
Two stage direction fuel injection technology burns fuel more completely for an average of 15% improved fuel economy compared to competitive engines.
Solid upper and lower mounts for enhanced handling at higher speeds – think of it as a sports car suspension in the automotive world.
- Propshaft Rated HP250 (187 kW)
- Full Throttle RPM Range5000-6000
- CylindersV-6 (60° vee)
- Displacement ( cu.in/cc)185/ 3032
- Bore in/mm3.63/92
- Stroke in/mm3.00/76
- Induction System2-Stage Direct Fuel Injection
- IgnitionPCM Digital Inductive
- Alternator System60-amp (756 watt) w/Voltage Regulator
- Gear Ratio1.62:1, 1.75:1
- Fuel/Oil RatioElectronic Multipoint
- Recommended OilMercury Racing 2-Stroke Oil
- Required Fuel87 Octane Minimum (R+M)/2 (92 RON)
- RotationRight-Hand Sport Master
- Shaft Length in/mm20/508
- Weight lbs/kg505/229
- Warranty2-year limited for recreational boating, 3-year limited corrosion, up to 3 years of Mercury Product Protection (MPP) available
- Two-year limited warranty for recreational boating and three-year limited corrosion warranty
- Features the SmartCraft Engine Guardian system, which monitors engine functions to forewarn of possible problems that could lead to engine damage
- The direct fuel injection air compressor features a lightweight pulley, along with the use of maxi-coated carbon steel bolts for enhanced compressor durability
- Electronic multipoint lubrication system delivers precise amounts of oil where and when it’s needed.
- High-performance rubber-coated reed blocks cushion five-petal, single-stage carbon fiber reeds for enhanced reed life without sacrificing performance
- A heavy-duty propshaft enhances the durability of the 3.0-liter Sport Master gearcase
- 3.0-liter Sport Master gearcase features a radial discharge stainless water pump for improved engine cooling
- 3.0L (185 CID) powerhead delivers unmatched power, performance, durability and reliability
- The 60-amp, belt-driven alternator is the most powerful in its class
- Solid upper and lower mounts and the race-proven Sport Master gearcase enable the 250XS to power single engine, lightweight hulls to speeds in excess of 85 mph
- The Mercury-exclusive PCM microprocessor provides the ability to optimize fuel, spark timing and knock control for each cylinder independently, enhancing engine running quality and performance
- Exceeds the fuel efficiency of many of today’s large four-stroke engines
- Runs on 87-octane fuel
- The 250 Sport XS features a higher air/fuel pressure differential than production engines, enhancing running quality.
- SmartCraft Control Area Network (CAN) system, a network of sensors and actuators, proactively monitors and controls multiple engine functions
- Comes equipped with a 14-pin Deutsch connector harness, which incorporates engine ignition and the SmartCraft CAN wiring in one connector
- Solid engine mounts improve engine response and overall boat performance at higher speeds
- A unique two-stage, direct-injection system atomizes fuel into small, uniform particles, resulting in complete and instantaneous combustion
- The fuel/air mixture is injected into the combustion chamber at 95 psi (15 psi higher fuel/air differential than standard DFI or OptiMax product) for enhanced high-RPM running quality
- The Sport Master gearcase, featuring a satin-finished housing enhanced by a race-proven torpedo shape featuring less frontal area, reduces drag and provides increased water flow
- Suitable For: Bass Boats, Single Engine Catamaran Sport Boats, River Racers, Single Engine Vee Bottom Sport Boats
If you have a question that’s not answered in our FAQs or you need additional information, please contact us at the phone numbers listed below.
Mercury Racing Technical Services Hours
Monday through Friday
7:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
Outboard & Sterndrive Consumer Affairs
(Calls may be recorded for quality purposes)
Mercury Racing Product Technical Publications
Service manuals, parts manuals; operation, maintenance, and warranty manuals.
High Performance Marine Engines