Reigning champ of UIM Class 3 C and 6-litre offshore racing.
The 200XS ROS has established a new benchmark in durability stretching the rebuild schedule from every race to multiple races or up to 25 hours prior to inspection
Power to Weight
Compact 2.5 Liter V-6 powerhead spins 7000 rpm for unmatched acceleration and top-end speed.
Sand cast 15” mid-section with heavy-duty single ram swivel clamp bracket assembly was designed for the abuse that is comes in the harsh duty cycles of offshore racing.
Sport Master gearcase, featuring an efficient housing packed with heavy-duty, race-proven components, is designed to run at 27” to 30” transom heights for maximum efficiency and performance.
- Propshaft Rated HP200 (149kW)
- Peak Horespower @ RPM6500-7000
- CylindersV-6 (60º vee)
- Displacement153 cu. in. (2507cc)
- Bore3.50" (89 mm)
- Stroke2.65" (67 mm)
- Induction SystemDirect Fuel Injection
- IgnitionPCM Digital Inductive
- Alternator SystemBelt-driven 60 amp (846 watt) w/Voltage Regulator
- Gear Ratio1.75:1 Sport Master
- Fuel/Oil RatioElectronic Multipoint
- Recommended OiMercury Racing 2-Stroke Oil
- Required Fuel91 Octane (R+M)/2 (98 RON)
- RotationRight Hand
- Shaft Length15" (381 mm)
- Weight434 lbs. (197 kg)
The engines will be produced only in the short shaft “SS” 15-inch drive shaft configuration with the 1.75:1 Sport Master gearcase. Models are intended for single or twin engine installations. Right-hand rotation models feature a Sport Master gearcase with a cambered skeg – a natural for single-engine applications such as outboard drag racing.
- Outboard Drag Racing
- Catamaran Offshore Racing
- Vee-Bottom Offshore Racing
If you have a question that’s not answered in our FAQs or you need additional information, please contact us at the phone numbers listed below.
Mercury Racing Technical Services Hours
Monday through Friday
7:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
Outboard & Sterndrive Consumer Affairs
(Calls may be recorded for quality purposes)
Mercury Racing Product Technical Publications
Service manuals, parts manuals; operation, maintenance, and warranty manuals.
High Performance Marine Engines