The boost control bypass valve on the supercharger provides full power at increased ambient temperatures and elevations
The sequential fuel injection provides an improved idle quality and throttle response time, while using less fuel in the process
Closed cooling and twin-walled stainless steel headers protect the engine from the corrosive salt water environment
- Horsepower700 (522 kW)
- Full Throttle RPM Range 4800-5200
- Displacement Liter/C.I.D. 8.2/502
- Bore (in/mm) 4.47/113
- Stroke (in/mm) 4.00/102
- Compression Ratio 7.5:1
- Cylinders V-8
- Alternator (amp/watt) 90/1269
- Ignition Type PCM Distributorless
- Fuel System Sequential Fuel Injection
- Fuel Requirements 89 Posted Octane (R+M)/2, (95 RON) International
- Transmission Mercury Racing dry-sump
- Drive Unit M6
- Gear Ratio Application dependent. Contact Mercury Racing for additional information.
- Length (in/mm) 35.7/907 (Transom mount to front of engine)
- Width (in/mm) 33/838
- Height (in/mm) 27.9/709
- Weight (lbs/kg) 1548/702
- Warranty 1-Year Limited for Recreational Boating
- Active torque management via an electronic boost bypass control valve ensures consistent 700 horsepower in a variety of conditions and environments.
- Larger 5/8 ID oil lines increase oil flow through the filter & cooler for enhanced engine protection.
- “Cool collar” Sweeper Headers feature a new alloy for enhanced saltwater corrosion resistance and durability.
- The intercooler is made of copper-nickel alloy called “CuproNickel” for excellent corrosion resistance.
- Lysholm 3.3 Liter screw type supercharger featuring Mercury Racing’s front drive housing.
- Mercury PCM microprocessor optimizes fuel and spark timing for each cylinder independently for enhanced engine running quality.
- SmartCraft Engine Guardian continually monitors engine conditions to protect against potential damage
- Knock control – engine monitors for knock continuously
- Piston design enhances fuel economy.
- One coil per cylinder for ultimate in engine ignition management .
- Closed cooling system
- To improve packaging and reduce fuel connections, a custom billet housing was created to accommodate the fuel pressure regulator and water separating fuel filter.
- Features the dry-sump M6 sterndrive and Mercury Racing transmission.
- Unique drive design enables engine to be mounted in same location as Bravo drive applications.
- Custom designed high flow throttle body features twin 2.9 inch throttles and is integral to the boost bypass loop.
- Higher fuel pressure demands are met with a new electric fuel pump. The engine is also equipped with fuel cooling and a mechanical pump to combat vapor lock.
- Custom Edelbrock aluminum cylinder heads designed exclusively for Mercury Racing for enhanced torque and overall performance
- Induction alloy Micro Alloy crankshaft features larger journal radii for enhanced strength and durability.
- Available in an array of custom color options in addition to the standard Mercury Racing blue metallic.
- Suitable for: Catamaran Sport/Poker Runner, Vee-Bottom Sport/Poker Runner
If you have a question that’s not answered in our FAQs or you need additional information, please contact us at the phone numbers listed below.
Mercury Racing Technical Services Hours
Monday through Friday
7:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
Outboard & Sterndrive Consumer Affairs
(Calls may be recorded for quality purposes)
Mercury Racing Product Technical Publications
Service manuals, parts manuals; operation, maintenance, and warranty manuals.
High Performance Marine Engines