Our new Zero Effort Digital Controls are the latest generation of an innovative, modular design first introduced by Kiekhaefer Aeromarine in the the 1980s. Kiekhaefer developed them to withstand the harsh environment of offshore racing. Often imitated, the versatile design has evolved through time with advancements in engine propulsion technology. The new controls provide an intuitive experience for recreational boaters and racers alike. Mercury’s exclusive Digital Throttle & Shift (DTS) technology takes the sweat out of boating by replacing the lag and hesitation of traditional throttle and shift cables with digital precision, resulting in smooth shifting and instant throttle response.
Form Follows Function
The high styled controls are tough as nails – and ergonomically friendly as well. We build them utilizing stainless steel for lever, mechanism and hardware strength. The housing material is corrosion-resistant, marine-grade aluminum specially coated for enhanced protection in the extreme saltwater environment. Short throw levers, made of stainless steel, provide effortless shifting and ultra-fast throttle response. Shift and throttle handles are made of an anodized aluminum for enhanced corrosion resistance. The modular design enables the controls to be offered in either two or four lever configurations. Throttles and shifters can be grouped separately or combined into a single unit for maximum control and comfort. An integrated throttle handle trim switch enables trim adjustment while maintaining hands-on throttle control. Black and red shift/throttle handles comply with American Boat and Yacht Council (ABYC) standards. Optional clear handles compliment virtually any helm.
Zero Effort Digital controls are designed specifically for Mercury & Mercury Racing outboards and sterndrives equipped with SmartCraft DTS technology. They are enabled to provide automatic throttle synchronization and shadow mode for up to four engines (where two levers operate four engines) and go hand-in-hand with engines equipped with Mercury’s exclusive Axius Joystick Piloting technology.
Mercury Behind You – Full Throttle Ahead
Zero Effort Digital controls are backed by a one-year factory warranty and supported by a Mercury Marine’s global dealer network.
- Mercury Racing’s pioneering modular design enables a variety of shift and throttle lever configurations.
- All new ergonomic design features short throw levers for or effortless shifting and ultra-fast throttle response.
- Robust stainless steel levers for unmatched durability in the offshore environment.
- Variable friction adjustment provides custom tactile feel and resists throttle creep.
- Integrated throttle trim switch for hands-on trim control.
- Automatic throttle synchronization and shadow mode for up to four engines (where two levers operate four engines).
- Handle color options include clear, red and black.