Mercury Racing® K-Planes® have long been considered the gold standard of trim tab design, durability and performance.
K-Plane trim tabs were first developed to endure the harsh environment of offshore powerboat racing.
Originally designed to endure the punishing rigors of offshore racing, K-Planes feature a strong, corrosion resistant aluminum casting with large support ribs for enhanced durability.
Available for boats 21-feet and longer, K-Planes are available for outboard and sterndrive race boats, performance boats, center consoles, commercial, and government applications.
The Reasons Why More Performance Pleasure Boaters, Racers, and the Military Trust K-Planes over Competitive Brands:
- The proven gold standard on the liquid battlefield of the offshore race circuit
- They plane boats faster and keeps them level for a safer, smoother ride in a variety of conditions.
- Heavy duty, corrosion resistant aluminum casting with large support ribs for unparalleled durability
- Double-acting hydraulic trim cylinders maintain position and react immediately to fingertip control from the helm
- Elastomer mounts on each end of the hydraulic trim cylinders dampen impact loads, eliminate free play and eliminate contact between the stainless steel pivot points for enhanced durability, trim accuracy and corrosion resistance
- Electrically bonded components and large sacrificial anodes further protect the tabs from the corrosive salt water environment
- Heavy-duty hydraulic trim pumps, designed specifically for K-Planes, withstand the torture of offshore power boating
- Electronic trim sender enables the boater to view real-time digital images of tab trim positions at a glance via Mercury VesselView monitors and other NMEA compliant systems
- 12 custom color options are available to seamlessly integrate with a variety of boat graphics and color optioned Mercury Racing NXT6 & M8 drives and transoms.
Seeing is Believing.
Boats equipped with K-Plane trim tabs require a trim indicator that provides the operator an accurate, real-time reference of both drive and tab positions.
Electronic trim senders provide the option of having drive and tab trim positions displayed digitally on a variety of large, easy-to-read electronic displays, including Mercury’s latest line of VesselView monitors.