It’s hard to believe the 20th Annual Key West Poker Run is upon us. We are proud to return as Presenting Sponsor of this historic performance boating event. Dave Vehrs (whose full-time job is building high performance NXT1, NXT6 and M8 drives) just texted me to let me know he has arrived safe and sound after his three-day drive from Fond du Lac to Key West in the Mercury Racing big rig. The truck will be in the Poker Run Village with exciting product displays including 1350 and 565 sterndrives and Mercury Racing Propellers and Accessories. Our poker run prizes include a set of Mercury Racing Prop Covers for the top five hands with Mercury Racing (NXT1, #6, M8) surface drive propulsion. The two best hands with outboard or Bravo sterndrive propulsion and Mercury or Mercury Racing propellers will earn a Mercury Racing Propeller Lab Finishing certificate. This will enable the winners to have a set of props blueprinted or repaired at the factory by our highly skilled craftsmen.
Officially licensed Mercury Racing merchandise will be available for purchase on-site as well. Here’s your chance to play Santa with Mercury Racing Holiday gifts.
Lights, Cameras, Action!
Fred Kiekhaefer participated in the run last year aboard John Rosatti’s 1350 powered Cigarette Marauder. Fred’s HD video of the run has gone viral, with over 69,000 views on our YouTube channel. Unfortunately, Fred and I are unable to attend this year. With a little help from our friends, we will capture the sights and sounds of this historic event. American Performance Television (APTV) will be on location with a producer and television crew capturing event highlights. In addition, APTV is supplying 12 Go Pro video cameras for selected boats poker running on Thursday, the largest (and fastest) fleet of boats to make the run from Miami to Key West. I think you’ll find our subject boats attractive:
- Dennis Raia will be driving Outraiagious, his brand new 48-foot MTI catamaran with twin 1350s. This is Dennis’s fourth MTI, all previously powered by 1075 SCis. he will meet his new baby for the first time Wednesday. Thursday will be his inaugural experience with the ominous 1350 torque monsters. Can’t wait to capture his reaction on video!
- We’ll ride along with NFL All Pro Tackle, Albert Haynesworth, as he makes his inaugural Key West run aboard The Good Life, a 39-foot Cigarette center console powered by quad Verado 350 SCi outboards.
- You’ll have an all access pass to ride along and make a Statement with Nick Buis in the 1100 powered vee bottom, Invitation Only.
- Another hot vee bottom to be outfitted with Go Pros is Nor-Tech’s all-new 477 Super Vee with twin 1350 power.
- Outerlimits’ Mike Fiore is helping out by providing his own Go Pros to document open ocean running aboard Joel Begin’s 1350 powered SV52.
Our supporting cast for this event is impressive. Erik Christiansen, Director of Engineering will be there – as will Product Integration Managers, Mike Griffiths and Brad Halpin. National Sales Manager, Kevin Skiba and prop guru, Scott Reichow will be on site as well.
Race on Wed, Fri, Sun.
Key West is unique in that not only is it the site of the world’s largest poker run – but it is also the site of the Super Boat International Key West Offshore World Championships.