- 8.7 Liter, multiport fuel injected V-8 engine features stroked and balanced crankshaft for maximum displacement and performance.
- Cast iron cylinder block precision CNC machined to Mercury Racing's specs.
- Forged 4340 steel, fully machined and shot-peened Mercury Racing connecting rods.
- Forged aluminum pistons, designed by Mercury Racing, for maximum strength and durability.
- Mercury Racing aluminum cylinder heads, designed exclusively for The 565, feature optimized valve angles for improved air flow, yielding enhanced power & torque.
- Multiport fuel injection system features twin electronic throttle bodies, similar to the 1350, for enhanced air flow and power.
- One coil per cylinder for the ultimate in engine ignition management.
- Broad torque band for enhanced hole shot, unprecedented mid-range punch and consistent pull through the top-end engine rpm operating range.
- Top located electrical connections for ease of installation and maintenance
- Digital electronic throttle and shift for smooth, "Zero Effort" operation.
- Two microprocessor control modules. The engine propulsion control module (PCM) optimizes fuel and spark control for each cylinder independently, enhancing engine running quality and performance. The transmission control module (TCM) is dedicated to digital shift management for the Bravo XR drive.
- Equipped with a high pressure electronic fuel pump, fuel cooler and a low pressure mechanical fuel pump to combat vapor lock. A thermostatically-controlled, high-capacity oil cooler raises engine oil temperatures faster and keeps them more consistent.
- Engine Guardian monitors engine functions to forewarn of possible problems that could lead to engine damage.
- Closed-cooling system features five-year coolant for reduced maintenance and increased corrosion protection.
- 90-amp (1269-watt) charging system.
- One year limited warranty for recreational boating.
- Available Bravo One XR and Bravo One XR Sport Master drive options.
- Integrated Transom System (ITS) available.
- A total of 11 engine color options available The standard engine color is Raven Black accented with Mercury Race Blue Metallic valve covers and heat exchanger.
- Meets EPA, CARB emissions requirements.
- CE marked models meet EU RCD emissions requirements.
Meets EU RCD emissions requirements - CE marked.
In The News